For the practitioner it helps with:
- Determining treatment options
- Patient compliance with treatment recommendations
- Patient adherence to home advice
- Maximising treatment results
For the patient it helps with:
- Understanding what is going on
- Why it keeps happening (if recurrent/chronic)
- The practitioner role in your recovery
- Your role in your recovery
The analysis and treatment tools utilised here at Sport & Spine are supported by current research, and have been selected based on effectiveness in clinical practice. The real difference in the Sport & Spine approach lies in knowing when and where to apply a particular treatment tool. Knowing when NOT to, is equally as important. This is what makes us unique. Below is a snapshot of what to expect here at Sport & Spine.
A thorough health history will be taken to determine: What is going on, treatment options, if we can help and if an external referral is required
A comprehensive physical examination will be conducted including a functional movement evaluation.
A number treatment tools are utilised at Sport & Spine. Use of each tool is determined by patient comfort and clinical indication.
Follow up and home advice is tailored to individual needs, and involves all or some of the following: Fascial release exercises, stretching exercises, strengthening exercises